M&A Advisor - Emerging Leaders Award (2016)
NEW YORK, NY -- (April 7, 2016) - Marlin & Associates, the boutique investment banking and strategic advisory firm, announced today that Jeffrey Trongone, a Principal with the firm, has been named as a winner of the 7th Annual Emerging Leaders Award by The M&A Advisor. The award – once called 40-under-40 – recognizes young M&A, Financing and Turnaround professionals who have reached a significant level of success and made a notable contribution to their industry and community.
Ken Marlin, M&A’s Founder and Managing Partner said: “Jeff has been one of our best contributors since he joined us in 2011. Last year he was instrumental in helping us close six transactions. We are pleased to have him as part of our team.”
"Marlin & Associates has a culture of excellence and diligent, methodical work that drives its impressive success rate, fostering an environment for emerging bankers to thrive,” said Trongone. "I'm truly honored to receive this award and be recognized among such a strong group of dealmakers in the M&A industry."
Prior to Marlin & Associates, Jeff began his professional career at Bear Stearns, and then J.P. Morgan via merger, in the Prime Service and Finance Group. He then went on to work in Equity Research at Scotia Capital, before joining Marlin in 2011. He became one of the firm’s leading investment bankers and in 2014 he was promoted to Principal. Jeff has advised leading technology players and investors in the technology space, including parties in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Trongone also leads the development of the firm’s monthly M&A Enterprise Data & Analytics Update. He received a B.S. in Business Administration from Villanova University with a concentration in Finance and Accounting. Trongone is a CFA Charterholder.
According to the M&A Advisor, the 2016 Award Winners were chosen from a pool of prominent nominees for their accomplishments in business and in service to the community. Evaluation and selection of the nominees was completed by an independent judging panel.
Marlin & Associates is one of the most active firms advising buyers and sellers of U.S. and international middle-market firms that provide software, data, and related services. With offices in New York, San Francisco, Washington DC and Toronto, the firm has been the recipient of numerous awards and has advised on more than 200 transactions. For more information on Marlin & Associates please visit www.MarlinLLC.com.
About Marlin & Associates
Marlin & Associates is based in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, CA, Washington, DC, and Toronto, Canada. It has been the recipient of numerous awards including "Middle-Market Investment Bank of the Year," "Middle-Market Financing Agent of the Year - Equity" and, "TMT Advisory Bank of the Year." Two transactions on which Marlin & Associates advised have been recognized as "Deals-of-the Decade." Marlin & Associates' team of professionals has advised on over 200 information-technology transactions. For more information please visit www.MarlinLLC.com.
Marlin & Associates Securities LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marlin & Associates Holding LLC, is a broker-dealer registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission and is a FINRA/SIPC member firm (www.finra.org). Investment banking and/or securities are offered through Marlin & Associates Securities LLC.
Some recent clients that Marlin & Associates has advised include:
- Xignite of San Mateo, CA which Marlin & Associates advised on its strategic capital raise from Nikkei Group and its subsidiary the QUICK Corp.
- Varden Technologies of Boston, MA which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to SS&C (NASDAQ:SSNC)
- Alacra, Inc. of New York, NY which Marlin & Associates advised on it strategic alliance with NICE Actimize, a NICE Systems (NASDAQ: NICE) business;
- Tagetik Software srl of Lucca, Italy which Marlin & Associates advised on its $36M capital raise from White Bridge Investments S.p.A.;
- RevSpring Inc. of Wixom, Michigan which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of Talksoft Corporation;
- Current Analysis of Washington, D.C. which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Progressive Digital Media plc (AIM: PRO);
- Blackstone (NYSE: BX) and the Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS) Merchant Banking Division (together, the "Sponsors") which Marlin & Associates advised on their acquisition of Ipreo Holdings LLC ("Ipreo") from affiliates of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. ("KKR") (NYSE: KKR);
- ByAllAccounts, Inc. of Woburn, Massachusetts which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Morningstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: MORN);
- SpryWare LLC of Chicago, Illinois which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Pico Quantitative Trading Holdings LLC;
- NPD Group of Port Washington, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of Leisure Trends Group;
- MarketAxess Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: MKTX) of New York, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale of Greenline Financial Technologies to CameronTec; and
- Bain Capital Ventures' portfolio company ABILITY Network Inc. of Minneapolis, Minnesota which Marlin & Associates advised on its merger with IVANS.