Marlin & Associates Nominated for M&A Advisor's Boutique Investment Bank of the Year and a Finalist for Five Deal-of-the-Year Awards
Marlin & Associates, the boutique investment banking and strategic advisory firm, today announced that the firm has been nominated and named a finalist as the Boutique Investment Bank of the Year. Additionally, Marlin & Associates has been named a finalist for the following Five Deal-of-the-Year Awards:
- M&A Deal-of-the-Year (Between $500mm and $1 Billion) for Marlin's role advising Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe and JMI Equity on its purchase of a majority interest in Triple Point Technology from ABRY Partners;
- M&A Deal-of-the-Year (Between $25mm and $50mm) for Marlin's role advising Coalition Development Ltd. (London, United Kingdom) on its sale to Credit Rating and Information Services of India Ltd. (CRISIL), a subsidiary of McGraw-Hill;
- Healthcare/Life Sciences Deal-of-the-Year (Between $10mm and $100mm) for Marlin's role advising NaviNet on its sale to Lumeris and three Blue Cross/Blue Shield organizations: Highmark, Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Horizon), and Independence Blue Cross (IBC);
- Financial Services Deal-of-the-Year for Marlin's role advising IMS Research (Wellingborough, UK) on its sale to IHS, Inc.; and
- Technology, Media, Telecom Deal-of-the-Year (Between $10mm and $100mm) for Marlin's role advising NYSE Euronext on its purchase of a minority interest in Fixnetix.
"We are always honored to see our hard work recognized by our peers," said Ken Marlin, Managing Partner at Marlin & Associates. "Five Deal-of-the-Year awards plus the nomination for Boutique Investment Bank of the Year is truly humbling."
Each year, The M&A Advisor, a conference producer and newsletter publisher serving the middle market finance industry, recognizes top deal-making professionals serving the $10 million - $1 billion (sales) market in fields such as investment banking, private equity, legal services, and accounting. The M&A Advisor nominates firms and individuals for awards based on their creativity and resourcefulness, persistence, business savvy, and value-added. The finalists are selected by an independent body of experts who represent a cross-section of the middle market financing industry.
The award winners will be revealed at the 11th Annual M&A Awards Gala at the New York Athletic Club in New York City on December 11th, 2012.
Marlin & Associates is one of the most active firms advising buyers and sellers of US and international middle-market information and healthcare-technology firms. The firm is headquartered in New York, NY and has additional offices in San Francisco, CA; Washington, DC; Toronto, Canada; and Hong Kong, China. Marlin has been the recipient of numerous awards, including twice being named "Middle-Market Investment Banking Firm of the Year," as well as the "Middle-Market Financing Agent of the Year -- Equity," and has been recognized for leading multiple "Deals-of-the-Year" Awards including: the "Financial Technology Deal of the Year," the "International Cross-Border Deal of the Year," and the "Middle-Market Financing -- Computer, Technology and Telecommunications Deal of the Year." Marlin & Associates' team of professionals has advised over 200 information-technology transactions.
About The M&A Advisor
Since 1998, The M&A Advisor has been the preeminent organization facilitating connections and recognizing achievement in the top performers of the M&A, turnaround and financing industries through its leading Awards, Summits, M&A ALERTS™ newsletters, M&A LINKS™ social network, M&A MARKET INTEL™ research and publishing service and M&A CONNECTS™ business development services.
About Marlin & Associates
Marlin & Associates Holding LLC is a boutique investment banking and strategic advisory firm specializing in acquisitions and divestitures of U.S. and international middle-market firms that provide technology, digital information and healthcare-related products, technology and services. The firm is headquartered in New York, NY and has additional offices in San Francisco, CA; Washington, DC; Toronto, Canada; and Hong Kong, China. Further information can be read at www.MarlinLLC.com.
Marlin & Associates Securities LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marlin & Associates Holding LLC, is a broker-dealer registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission and is a FINRA/SIPC member firm (www.finra.org). Investment banking and/or securities are offered through Marlin & Associates Securities LLC. Marlin & Associates' professionals have advised on more than 200 successfully completed transactions.