We’re busy. We helped a client close one deal last week and have several others looking close.
At the same time, we are less than two weeks away from the US Presidential election –and that takes up my attention too. Anyone who believes the results of this election are pre-ordained should ask the British about Brexit or the Colombians about their recent referendum on peace.
In both cases, the results shocked more than half of the population. I’ve voted in many elections. But this will be the first for my daughter.
My message to her is simple: vote for whomever you choose. But choose wisely. Get beyond the catch phrases, the cartoon stereotypes, the 30-second TV commercials and the media hype. Do your homework; understand real positions. Understand the consequences.
Voting matters. I’ve made my choice. In fact, I voted already via absentee ballot. I based my vote on the person that most shares my values and that has the experience, wisdom, maturity and temperament to lead us in troubled times.
I thought about national security, moral leadership, fiscal solvency, healthcare, jobs, infrastructure, care of the elderly, poverty, international trade, education and which of two flawed candidates I would most want the children of this country to emulate.
I’ve made my choice. Now I need to go back to helping clients.
As you will see from our report found here, it’s a busy time. A few of the more interesting deals this month include:
- Intel (Nasdaq:INTC) spun out McAfee, and sold a majority stake in it to TPG for $3.1bn in cash, valuing the entire company at $4.2bn or an implied 1.9x revenue,
- CBOE Holdings (Nasdaq:CBOE) acquired BATS Global Markets (BATS:BATS) for $3.2bn, at 1.9x LTM Revenue and 13.1x LTM EBITDA,
- Informa PLC (LSE:INF) acquired Penton for $1.6bn, valuing the company at an implied 4.2x LTM revenue and 11.0x LTM EBITDA,
- Parthenon Capital Partners (Boston,MA) acquired a majority ownership stake in BillingTree for an undisclosed sum. Marlin & Associates acted as exclusive strategic and financial advisor to BillingTree,
- Payroc (Chicago, IL) acquired the assets of iTransact for an undisclosed sum. Marlin & Associates acted as exclusive strategic and financial advisor to iTransact.
Don’t forget to vote. It’s important.
For our full M&A October Market Update Report, click here.