Dear Clients and Friends,
Welcome to our June 2013 Market Update. As you will see, it provides our sense of M&A values, activity and trends for the dozen plus technology, information and healthcare sectors that we follow.
This month, while the majority of transactions continued to be under $200M, we did see some larger deals, including several by financial investors: Temasek invested $500M to acquire a 10% stake in Markit Group; a consortium of private equity firms led by Bain Capital and Golden Gate Capital agreed to take BMC Software private for $7.0Bn; and Onex (TSX:OCX) agreed to acquire Nielsen Expositions from Nielsen Holdings (NYSE:NLSN) for $950M.
Some other notable recent deals include:
- Fidelity National Financial (NYSE:FNF) agreed to acquire Lender Processing Services (NYSE:LPS) for $2.9Bn;
- Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS) affiliate, Exchange Parent, agreed to acquire Ebix (NASDAQ:EBIX) for $812M;
- OMERS Private Equity agreed to acquire Civica for £390M ($608M);
- Trulia (NYSE:TRLA) agreed to acquire Market Leader (NASDAQ:LEDR) for $310M;
- Dassault Systèmes (ENXTPA:DSY) agreed to acquire Apriso for $205M; and
- QIAGEN (NASDAQ:QGEN) acquired Ingenuity Systems for $110M.
We are also proud to announce that Marlin & Associates has been named finalist for the 3rd Annual ACG New York Champion’s Awards. We were nominated for advising:
- SR Labs (New York, New York) on its sale of a majority interest to Insight Venture Partners (New York, New York);
- Coalition Development Ltd. (London, United Kingdom) on its sale to CRISIL (Mumbai, India), a subsidiary of McGraw-Hill (NYSE:MHP); and
- XSP (Birmingham, Alabama) on its sale to SunGard (Wayne, Pennsylvania).
Marlin & Associates is one of the most active investment banks providing strategic and financial advice to worldwide buyers and sellers of middle-market technology firms. Our firm is headquartered in New York, NY and has additional offices in San Francisco, CA; Washington, DC; Toronto, Canada; and Hong Kong, China serving companies that provide information and technology to a wide range of communities including those that serve the banking, capital markets, insurance, marketing and healthcare arenas.
If you would like more information on these transactions or on our sense of the market, please feel free to call or write.