Dear Clients and Friends,
Our latest Fintech m&a report can be found below – and it highlights m&a trends and transactions in the seven segments of the Fintech world that we follow, and sometimes lead.
One of those trends is the rapid elimination of physical money in all segments – around the world: Banking, Capital Markets, Insurance, Retail as well as B2B Commerce and so many others. It’s happening at a pace few predicted a few short years ago, and in places few would have imagined: Brazil, China, India, Sweden, South Korea, Spain, and Singapore. And that’s not the only change shaking up the financial world.
Next month, we’ll be attending and sponsoring the Money 20/20 conference in Las Vegas. They expect 11,000 attendees from 4,500 companies and 85 countries. The conference agenda – and our mandate – is broad. It’s about changes coming to payments, lending commerce, wealth management and more. It’s about the impact on products and the customer experience by technologies such as AI, blockchain, tokenization, biometrics, big data, cloud computing, powerful smartphones that use open platforms – and more. It’s about the globalization of commerce, the redefining of banking, the rise of cryptocurrencies, mobile wallets, and P2P lending and more. It’s about expected and needed regulation and security measures and the future role of banks, brokers, securities exchanges – and department stores. It should be fun.
You can see more about the trends and deals in Fintech m&a in the report found below. As you will see, values and volume in all seven sectors of the Fintech world that we follow – and sometimes lead, remain strong. A few of the more notable recent deals include:
- Verisk Analytics (NASDAQ:VRSK) agreed to acquire LCI for $151mm,
- Futu (Hong Kong, China) raised $146mm in a Series C funding round led by Tencent,
- Options Technology (London, United Kingdom) raises $100mm in funding from new investor Bregal Sagemount,
- Personal Capital (Redwood City, CA) has raised an additional $40mm from its Series E investors, following the original completion of its $75mm Series E round in May 2016,
- PeerIQ raised $12mm in Series A funding co-led by new investors TransUnion, Hearst Ventures and Macquarie Group and included participation from existing investors,
- Morningstar (NASDAQ:MORN) acquired a 40% stake in Sustainalytics for an undisclosed sum,
- Fiserv (NASDAQ:FISV) acquired Dovetail Group for an undisclosed sum.
The Money20/20 conference is October 22nd – 25th. We’ll have a strong presence at the show with senior team members Paul Friday, Jason Panzer, Michael Maxworthy, and Lou DeRose all heading to Vegas for the week. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in setting up a meeting.
We are also honored to be finalists for The M&A Advisor Awards for Professional Services (B2B) Deal of the Year, Private Equity Deal of the Year, as well as M&A Deal of The Year for Significant Growth Investment in BillingTree by Parthenon Capital Partners.
Please see below for our September Fintech Market Update.