M&A Advisor - Boutique Investment Banking Firm of the Year (2014)
NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - Nov 19, 2014) - Marlin & Associates, the boutique investment banking and strategic advisory firm, announced today that the firm has been named "Boutique Investment Banking Firm of the Year" by The M&A Advisor.
"We are always pleased when our hard work on behalf of clients is recognized," said Marlin & Associates' founder and Managing Partner, Ken Marlin. "And recognition by The M&A Advisor at their annual awards gala is a special bonus. These are the Academy Awards of our industry."
Each year, The M&A Advisor, a conference producer and newsletter publisher serving the middle market finance industry, recognizes top deal-making firms and professionals serving the $10 million - $1 billion (sales) market in fields such as investment banking, private equity, legal services, and accounting. The awards are given on the basis of creativity, resourcefulness, persistence, business savvy, and value-added. The finalists are judged by an independent body of experts, who represent a cross-section of the middle market financing industry. The winners were announced and awards were presented on Monday November 17th at the 13th Annual "M&A Advisor Awards" Gala held at the New York Athletic Club in New York City.
Marlin & Associates is one of the most active firms advising buyers and sellers of U.S. and international middle-market firms that provide software, data, and related services. With offices in New York, Washington DC and Toronto, the firm has been the recipient of numerous awards and has advised on more than 200 transactions. For more information on Marlin & Associates please visitwww.MarlinLLC.com.
About Marlin & Associates
Marlin & Associates is based in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, CA, Washington, DC, and Toronto, Canada. It has been the recipient of numerous awards including "Middle-Market Investment Bank of the Year," "Middle-Market Financing Agent of the Year - Equity" and, "TMT Advisory Bank of the Year." Two transactions on which Marlin & Associates advised have been recognized as "Deals-of-the Decade." Marlin & Associates' team of professionals has advised on over 200 information-technology transactions. For more information please visit www.MarlinLLC.com.
Marlin & Associates Securities LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marlin & Associates Holding LLC, is a broker-dealer registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission and is a FINRA/SIPC member firm (www.finra.org). Investment banking and/or securities are offered through Marlin & Associates Securities LLC.
Some recent clients that Marlin & Associates has advised include:
- Alacra, Inc. of New York, NY which Marlin & Associates advised on it strategic alliance with NICE Actimize, a NICE Systems (NASDAQ: NICE) business;
- Wisers Information Limited of Hong Kong, China which Marlin & Associates advised on its capital raise from SAIF Partners;
- Tagetik Software srl of Lucca, Italy which Marlin & Associates advised on its $36M capital raise from White Bridge Investments S.p.A.;
- RevSpring Inc. of Wixom, Michigan which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of Talksoft Corporation;
- Current Analysis of Washington, D.C. which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Progressive Digital Media plc (AIM: PRO);
- Blackstone (NYSE: BX) and the Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS) Merchant Banking Division (together, the "Sponsors") which Marlin & Associates advised on their acquisition of Ipreo Holdings LLC ("Ipreo") from affiliates of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. ("KKR") (NYSE: KKR);
- ByAllAccounts, Inc. of Woburn, Massachusetts which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Morningstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: MORN);
- SpryWare LLC of Chicago, Illinois which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Pico Quantitative Trading Holdings LLC;
- NPD Group of Port Washington, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of Leisure Trends Group;
- MarketAxess Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: MKTX) of New York, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale of Greenline Financial Technologies to CameronTec; and
- Bain Capital Ventures' portfolio company ABILITY Network Inc. of Minneapolis, Minnesota which Marlin & Associates advised on its merger with IVANS.