Middle-Market Investment Banking Firm of the Year (2008)
Marlin & Associates Earns Four M&A Forum Award
For Excellence in Deal-Making and Corporate Social Responsibility
NEW YORK, NY (June 19th, 2008): Marlin & Associates ("Marlin"), the boutique investment banking advisor and strategic consultant to middle-market digital information economy firms, today announced that the firm has been recognized by The M&A Forum for advising on three recent merger-and-acquisition transactions. The awards were presented in Southampton, NY on June 17th. Marlin received awards for advising on:
- "International Deal of the Year"
- "Financial Services Deal of the Year"
- "Technology Deal of the Year"
Additionally, The M&A Forum recognized Marlin as:
- "2008 Investment Banking Firm of the Year"
"We are honored to be recognized for our role in helping affect socially responsible M&A transactions," said Ken Marlin, Founder and Managing Partner of Marlin & Associates. "We applaud The M&A Forum for its efforts to raise public awareness of the benefits some transactions bring to society." "The Awards promote good corporate citizenship in an M&A environment by highlighting examples of it being practiced profitably," said Warren Strugatch, Founder of The M&A Forum. The Awards recognize excellence in deal-making and client service with a focus on strategic significance, complexity, quality of financing solutions, innovation and creativity and benefits to the community, economy or environment.
About The M&A Forum
The M&A Forum seeks to encourage investor awareness of the goals identified with Corporate Social Responsibility, and to effectively reconcile business goals with consensus social, economic and environmental goals; and, also, to raise public awareness of the industry's achievements in the arena of sustainable investing and collective betterment.
About Marlin & Associates
Founded in 2002, Marlin & Associates New York LLC is a boutique investment banking and strategic consulting firm focused on providing highly strategic, transaction-related services to U.S. and international middle-market firms engaged in technology, information, on-line media and business-services. The firm is based in New York City with a Washington, DC office and has been the recipient of numerous awards. For more information go to www.MarlinLLC.com Marlin & Associates' professionals have advised on over 200 successfully completed transactions in the technology and information services sector. Recent Marlin & Associates transactions include:
- Infodyne Corporation of Park Ridge, Illinois, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE: IBM).
- LowerFees, Inc. of Westlake Village, California, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Bankrate, Inc. (NASDAQ: RATE).
- Netik LLC of London, England and New York, which Marlin & Associates advised on its simultaneous acquisition of Capco Reference Data Services and replacement of its primary investor, The Bank of New York Mellon Corp, with Symphony Technology Group.
- Hemscott of London, England, a division of Ipreo Holdings LLC of New York. Marlin & Associates advised Ipreo and its principal Private Equity backer, Veronis Suhler Stevenson, on the sale of Hemscott to Morningstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: MORN).
- StarMine Corporation of San Francisco, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Reuters (now Thomson Reuters - NYSE: TRI).
- Applied Financial Technology (AFT) of San Francisco, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Fidelity National Information Services (NYSE: FIS).
- Ventyx, Inc., of Atlanta, an affiliate of Vista Equity Partners of San Francisco. Marlin & Associates advised Vista Equity Partners on the acquisition of Global Energy Decisions of Boulder, Colorado through Vista?s portfolio company Ventyx.
- Xcitek LLC’s Market Data Division of New York, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Interactive Data Corporation (NYSE: IDC).
- Hugin ASA of Oslo, Norway, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Euronext NV of Amsterdam (now NYSE Euronext - NYSE: NYX).
- Triple Point Technology of Westport, Connecticut, which Marlin & Associates advised on the sale of a majority interest to ABRY Partners.
- Brainpower N.V. of Lugano, Switzerland, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Bloomberg L.P.
- Cameron Systems (Vic) of Sydney, Australia, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Orc Software of Stockholm, Sweden (STKM: ORC).
- Derivative Solutions, of Chicago, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to FactSet Research Systems (NYSE: FDS).
- Beauchamp Financial Technology Ltd. of London, England, which Marlin and Associates advised on its sale to Linedata Services of Paris, France (PARIS: LIN).
- Global Securities Information, Inc. of Washington, D.C. which Marlin and Associates advised on its sale to the Thomson Corporation (now Thomson Reuters - NYSE: TRI).
Marlin & Associates | (212) 257-6300 | Contact@MarlinLLC.com | www.MarlinLLC.com