Euronext Agrees to Acquire Hugin ASA
Euronext Agrees to Acquire Hugin ASA
Marlin & Associates Acted as Exclusive Strategic and Financial Advisor to Hugin ASA
NEW YORK, NY (December 13, 2006) Marlin & Associates New York LLC announced that its client: Hugin ASA, the leading provider of news dissemination services for European companies, has agreed to be acquired by Euronext N.V., the pan-European exchange (Amsterdam: NXTA; Paris: ENX). Marlin is the exclusive strategic and financial advisor to Hugin. The acquisition is expected to be completed before the end of this year.
"Our firm enjoys strong relationships with many of the world’s most creative and forward-thinking financial, legal, and marketing technology and content businesses," said Ken Marlin, Managing Partner, Marlin & Associates. “Hugin and Euronext are both such companies. We enjoyed working with these two fine companies and are pleased to have played a role in bringing them together."
“News dissemination services and press release distribution is an industry that has been consolidating globally over the past year,” said Karl-Christian Agerup, one of the founders and Chairman of Hugin ASA. “The European Disclosure directive being implemented from January 2007 will fuel European market growth in the next years. We conducted a structured process to find a new owner for Hugin that could capitalize on this opportunity. We are pleased with the process and the outcome. Euronext is a great brand and a long term owner that will ensure that Hugin will stay a leader in this industry in the future.”
Marlin & Associates
Founded in 2002, Marlin & Associates is a boutique investment banking and strategic consulting firm focused on providing highly strategic and specialized, transaction-related services to U.S. and nternational middle-market firms engaged in technology, information, on-line media and business-services. The firm is based in New York City with a Washington, DC office.
Marlin & Associates' professionals have advised on over 200 successfully completed transactions in the technology and information services sector.
Recently, the firm was recognized by the The M&A Advisor for leading the “Financial Technology Deal of the Year”. Marlin received the award for its role as the exclusive strategic and financial advisor to Brainpower N.V., in its sale to Bloomberg L.P. The M&A Advisor award winners were chosen based on the importance of the transaction, unique deal characteristics, transaction difficulty, and overall impact on the industry. Marlin & Associates was nominated for (and a finalist) for awards in three different categories.
In addition to Hugin and Brainpower, Marlin & Associates was the exclusive advisor to numerous technology-related firms that recently made strategic moves including:
- Triple Point Technology of Westport, Connecticut, which Marlin & Associates advised on the sale of a majority interest to ABRY Partners, one of the most experienced and successful private equity firms in North America.
- Cameron Systems (Vic) of Sydney, Australia, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Orc Software of Stockholm, Sweden (STKM: ORC).
- Derivative Solutions, of Chicago, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to FactSet Research Systems (NYSE: FDS).
- Beauchamp Financial Technology Ltd. of London, England, which Marlin and Associates advised on its sale to Linedata Services of Paris, France (PARIS: LIN).
- Global Securities Information, of Washington D.C., which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to the Thomson Corporation (NYSE: TOC).
- Interactive Technologies, Inc. of Summit, NJ, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Fiserv (NASDAQ: FISV).
- europrospectus.com, of East Sussex, UK, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to FactSet Research Systems (NYSE: FDS).