Marlin & Associates Winner of Cross Border Boutique Investment Banking Firm of the Year
NEW YORK, NY — (April 15, 2016) — Marlin & Associates, a boutique investment banking and strategic advisory firm, announced today it has been named "Boutique Investment Banking Firm of the Year" at the Eighth Annual International M&A Awards by The M&A Advisor.
"We are always pleased when our hard work on behalf of clients is recognized by our peers," said Marlin & Associates Founder and Managing Partner, Ken Marlin. "And recognition of our cross-border capabilities by The M&A Advisor is a special bonus.”
Each year, The M&A Advisor — a conference producer and newsletter publisher serving the middle-market finance industry — recognizes top international deal-making firms and professionals serving the $10 million – $1 billion (sales) market in fields such as investment banking, private equity, legal services, and accounting. The awards are given on the basis of creativity, resourcefulness, persistence, business savvy, and value-added. The finalists are judged by an independent body of experts, who represent a cross-section of the middle-market finance industry. The winners were announced and awards were presented on Tuesday, April 12, at the Eight Annual International M&A Advisor Awards Gala held at the New York Athletic Club in New York City. The gala was a feature of the 2016 International Financial Forum, an annual congregation of the most active and accomplished global dealmakers.
Marlin & Associates is one of the most active firms advising buyers and sellers of U.S. and international middle-market companies that provide software, data, and related services. With offices in New York, San Francisco, Washington D.C. and Toronto, the firm has been the recipient of numerous awards and has advised on more than 200 transactions. Some recent clients that Marlin & Associates has advised include:
- Xignite of San Mateo California which Marlin & Associates advised on a $20.5 million Series C funding round led by Tokyo-based QUICK Corporation, part of the Nikkei Group;
- Alacra, Inc. of New York, NY Information and Workflow Solutions for Financial Institutions & Professional Service Firm, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Opus Global, a leading provider of SaaS-based compliance solutions and a portfolio company of GTCR;
- Varden Technologies, a Boston-based provider of client and advisor communication solutions for investment firms, which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition by SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: SSNC);
- Aquiline Capital Partners LLC a New York-based private equity firm, which Marlin & Associates advised on its investment into Dublin-Ireland based Fenergo, a leading provider of lifecycle management software solutions for capital markets participants;
- Information Mosaic Ltd of Dublin Ireland, a leading software provider for post-trade securities processing on its sale to Markit (Nasdaq: MRKT);
- AIM Software of Vienna Austria which Marlin & Associates advised on a majority investment by to Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe ("WCAS") the New York based private equity firm;
- Tagetik Software srl of Lucca, Italy which Marlin & Associates advised on its $36M capital raise from White Bridge Investments S.p.A.;
- RevSpring Inc. of Wixom, Michigan which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of Talksoft Corporation;
- Current Analysis of Washington, D.C. which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Progressive Digital Media plc (AIM: PRO);
- Blackstone (NYSE: BX) and the Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS) Merchant Banking Division which Marlin & Associates advised on their acquisition of Ipreo Holdings LLC ("Ipreo") from affiliates of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. ("KKR") (NYSE: KKR);
- ByAllAccounts, Inc. of Woburn, Massachusetts which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Morningstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: MORN).
# # #
About Marlin & Associates
Marlin & Associates is based in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, Washington, D.C., and Toronto. It has been the recipient of numerous awards including "Middle-Market Investment Bank of the Year”, "Middle-Market Financing Agent of the Year – Equity", "TMT Advisory Bank of the Year", and Boutique Investment Bank of the Year. For more information please visit www.MarlinLLC.com.
Marlin & Associates Securities LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marlin & Associates Holding LLC, is a broker-dealer registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission and is a FINRA/SIPC member firm (www.finra.org). Investment banking and/or securities are offered through Marlin & Associates Securities LLC.