M&A to Sponsor Information Industry Summit
M&A to Sponsor Information Industry Summit
Founder, Ken Marlin to Introduce keynote speaker
New York, NY - January 18, 2007
Marlin & Associates New York LLC ("M&A"), the New York and Washington DC based boutique investment banking advisory and strategic consulting company serving the Digital Information Economy announced today its sponsorship of the SIIA's Information Industry Summit. This sixth annual conference is produced by The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA), the principal trade association for the software and digital content industry. The conference will be held January 30-31 at Cipriani 42nd Street in New York, NY.
"The SIIA's annual Information Industry Summit has become one of the very few places for top executives of digital information companies to interact. That's why we're pleased to be associated with it." said M&A founder Ken Marlin. The Information Industry Summit features global thought-leaders offering their unique perspectives on the industry through a series of panels, debates, keynotes, and interviews. This year, keynote speakers include Ann S. Moore, Chairman & CEO, Time Inc; Richard Zannino, CEO, Dow Jones & Company (NYSE: DJ); Tad Smith, CEO, Reed Business Information, and Paul J. Cosgrave, Commissioner of the Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications, City of New York.
For more information and to see the full SIIA Information Industry
Summit program, go to http://www.siia.net/iis/2007.
The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) is the principal trade association for the software and digital content industry. SIIA provides global services in government relations, business development, corporate education and intellectual property protection to more than 800 leading software and information companies. For further information, visit http://www.siia.net.
Marlin & Associates
Founded in 2002, Marlin & Associates is a boutique investment banking and strategic consulting firm focused on providing highly strategic and specialized, transaction-related services to U.S. and international middle-market firms engaged in technology, information, on-line media and business services. The firm has offices in New York City and Washington, DC.
Marlin & Associates' professionals have advised on over 200 successfully completed transactions in the technology and information services sector.
Recently, the firm was recognized by The M&A Advisor for leading the “Financial Technology Deal of the Year”. Marlin & Associates received the award for its role as the exclusive strategic and financial advisor to Brainpower N.V., in its sale to Bloomberg L.P. The M&A Advisor award winners were chosen based on the importance of the transaction, unique deal characteristics, transaction difficulty, and overall impact on the industry. Marlin & Associates was nominated for awards in three different categories.
In addition to Brainpower N.V., Marlin & Associates was the exclusive advisor to numerous technology-related firms that recently made strategic moves, including:
- Hugin ASA of Oslo, Norway, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Euronext N.V., the pan-European exchange (Amsterdam: NXTA; Paris: ENX).
- Triple Point Technology of Westport Connecticut, which Marlin & Associates advised on the sale of a majority interest to ABRY Partners, one of the most experienced and successful private equity firms in North America.
- Cameron Systems (Vic) of Sydney, Australia, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Orc Software of Stockholm, Sweden (STKM: ORC).
- Derivative Solutions, of Chicago, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to FactSet Research Systems (NYSE: FDS).
- Beauchamp Financial Technology Ltd. of London, England, which Marlin and Associates advised on its sale to Linedata Services of Paris, France (PARIS: LIN).
- Global Securities Information, of Washington D.C., which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to the Thomson Corporation (NYSE: TOC).
- Interactive Technologies, Inc. of Summit, NJ, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Fiserv (NASDAQ: FISV).
- europrospectus.com, of East Sussex, UK, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to FactSet Research Systems (NYSE: FDS).
Contact: Michael Maxworthy (646) 495-5141, contact@MarlinAndAssociates.com