M&A to Sponsor Legaltech New York 2007
M&A to Sponsor Legaltech New York 2007
New York, NY (January 18, 2007) Marlin & Associates New York LLC ("M&A"), the New York and Washington DC based boutique investment banking advisory and strategic consulting company serving the Digital Information Economy announced today its sponsorship of LegalTech New York 2007. This 26th annual conference is produced by ALM, a leading media company serving legal and business professionals. The conference will be held January 29-30 at The Hilton New York Hotel in New York, NY.
"The ALM’s LegalTech events have become one of the very few places for top executives of legal technology companies to interact. That's why we're pleased to be associated with it." said M&A founder Ken Marlin. “Their New York conference is superb – it features global thought-leaders who offer unique perspectives on the industry”. Marlin continued. For more information and to see the full LegalTech New York 2007 program, go to http://www.almevents.com/r5/cob_page.asp?category_id=41146.
ALM is a leading integrated media company serving legal, real estate, financial and business professionals. ALM's award-winning publications - including The American Lawyer, Corporate Counsel, and Real Estate Forum; events - LegalTech, The Definitive Law Firm Management Series, The East & West Coast General Counsel Conferences, LegalSpace, T3 - Trial, Tactics & Technology, The International Briefings, The IP Law & Business Winter & Spring Briefings and Insight Information; and our online properties - GlobeSt.com and Law.com - anticipate and address the needs of today's leaders with timely, focused news and information. With its broad range of products and services, ALM provides business-to-business marketers with efficient, targeted channels for reaching decision-makers in, and across, these growing professional segments. ALM: Real-time news, industry trends and market intelligence at the crossroads of law, business and real estate. More information on ALM’s businesses and services is available on the Web at www.alm.com.
About Marlin & Associates
Founded in 2002, Marlin & Associates is a boutique investment banking and strategic consulting firm focused on providing highly strategic and specialized, transaction-related services to U.S. and international middle-market firms engaged in technology, information, on-line media and business services. The firm has offices in New York City and Washington, DC.
Marlin & Associates' professionals have advised on over 200 successfully completed transactions in the technology and information services sector.
Recently, the firm was recognized by The M&A Advisor for leading the “Financial Technology Deal of the Year”. Marlin & Associates received the award for its role as the exclusive strategic and financial advisor to Brainpower N.V., in its sale to Bloomberg L.P. The M&A Advisor award winners were chosen based on the importance of the transaction, unique deal characteristics, transaction difficulty, and overall impact on the industry. Marlin & Associates was nominated for awards in three different categories.
In addition to Brainpower N.V., Marlin & Associates was the exclusive advisor to numerous technology-related firms that recently made strategic moves, including:
- Hugin ASA of Oslo, Norway, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Euronext N.V., the pan-European exchange (Amsterdam: NXTA; Paris: ENX).
- Triple Point Technology of Westport Connecticut, which Marlin & Associates advised on the sale of a majority interest to ABRY Partners, one of the most experienced and successful private equity firms in North America.
- Cameron Systems (Vic) of Sydney, Australia, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Orc Software of Stockholm, Sweden (STKM: ORC).
- Derivative Solutions, of Chicago, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to FactSet Research Systems (NYSE: FDS).
- Beauchamp Financial Technology Ltd. of London, England, which Marlin and Associates advised on its sale to Linedata Services of Paris, France (PARIS: LIN).
- Global Securities Information, of Washington D.C., which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to the Thomson Corporation (NYSE: TOC).
- Interactive Technologies, Inc. of Summit, NJ, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Fiserv (NASDAQ: FISV).
- europrospectus.com, of East Sussex, UK, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to FactSet Research Systems (NYSE: FDS).
Contact: Michael Maxworthy (646) 495-5141, contact@MarlinAndAssociates.com