Knovel, Inc. Acquired by Reed Elsevier PLC; XcitekSolutionsPlus, LLC Acquired by SunGard Data Systems Inc.; and SR Labs, LLC Raises $53M From Insight Venture Partners
NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire - Jan 9, 2013) - Marlin & Associates, the boutique investment banking and strategic advisory firm, today announced that the firm closed 2012 by advising on three more successfully completed significant transactions, culminating the firm's strongest year, ever.
- On December 21st, M&A's client, XcitekSolutionsPlus, LLC (XSP) of Birmingham, Alabama, a leader in automated end-to-end Corporate Actions solutions, was acquired by SunGard Data Systems Inc.;
- On December 28th, M&A's client Knovel, Inc. of New York City, a provider of a leading Web-based application that integrates technical information with analytical and search tools for engineers, was acquired by Reed Elsevier PLC; and
- On December 31st, M&A's client SR Labs, LLC of New York City, a leading provider of high-performance electronic trading solutions for the global financial services industry, raised $53M in capital from Insight Venture Partners.
"2012 was a very strong one for us -- our strongest ever -- and we thank our clients and friends for their support," said Ken Marlin, Managing Partner at Marlin & Associates. "We added staff; opened an office in San Francisco; built strength in Asia; and advised on some significant transactions involving participants in five countries and four continents. We were named USA TMT Advisory Firm of the Year; and our firm was recognized for leading:
- Financial Services Deal-of-the-Year;
- Financial Technology Deal-of-the-Year;
- North America Small Mid-Market Corporate Deal-of-the-Year; and
- Technology, Media, and Telecom International Deal-of-the-Year."
"Now, we look forward to a strong 2013," Marlin added.
Marlin & Associates is one of the most active firms advising buyers and sellers of U.S. and international middle-market firms that provide technology, digital information and healthcare-related products, technology and services. The firm is headquartered in New York, NY and has additional offices in San Francisco, CA; Washington, DC; Toronto, Canada; and Hong Kong, China. Marlin has been the recipient of numerous awards, including twice being named "Middle-Market Investment Banking Firm of the Year," as well as the "Middle-Market Financing Agent of the Year -- Equity," and has been recognized for leading multiple "Deals-of-the-Year" Awards including: the "Financial Technology Deal of the Year," the "International Cross-Border Deal of the Year," and the "Middle-Market Financing -- Computer, Technology and Telecommunications Deal of the Year." Marlin & Associates' team of professionals has advised over 200 information-technology transactions.
About Marlin & Associates
Marlin & Associates Holding LLC is a boutique investment banking and strategic advisory firm specializing in acquisitions and divestitures of U.S. and international middle-market firms that provide technology, digital information and healthcare-related products, technology and services. The firm is headquartered in New York, NY and has additional offices in San Francisco, CA; Washington, DC; Toronto, Canada; and Hong Kong, China. Further information can be read at www.MarlinLLC.com.
Marlin & Associates Securities LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marlin & Associates Holding LLC, is a broker-dealer registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission and is a FINRA/SIPC member firm (www.finra.org). Investment banking and/or securities are offered through Marlin & Associates Securities LLC. Marlin & Associates' professionals have advised on more than 200 successfully completed transactions