Marlin & Associates Earns Four M&A Forum Award
For Excellence in Deal–Making and Corporate Social Responsibility
NEW YORK, NY (June 19th, 2008): Marlin & Associates ("Marlin"), the boutique investment banking advisor and strategic consultant to middle–market digital information economy firms, today announced that the firm has been recognized by The M&A Forum for advising on three recent merger–and–acquisition transactions. The awards were presented in Southampton, NY on June 17th. Marlin received awards for advising on:
- "International Deal of the Year"
- "Financial Services Deal of the Year"
- "Technology Deal of the Year"
Additionally, The M&A Forum recognized Marlin as:
- "2008 Investment Banking Firm of the Year"
"We are honored to be recognized for our role in helping affect socially responsible M&A transactions," said Ken Marlin, Founder and Managing Partner of Marlin & Associates. "We applaud The M&A Forum for its efforts to raise public awareness of the benefits some transactions bring to society." "The Awards promote good corporate citizenship in an M&A environment by highlighting examples of it being practiced profitably," said Warren Strugatch, Founder of The M&A Forum. The Awards recognize excellence in deal–making and client service with a focus on strategic significance, complexity, quality of financing solutions, innovation and creativity and benefits to the community, economy or environment.
About The M&A Forum
The M&A Forum seeks to encourage investor awareness of the goals identified with Corporate Social Responsibility, and to effectively reconcile business goals with consensus social, economic and environmental goals; and, also, to raise public awareness of the industry’s achievements in the arena of sustainable investing and collective betterment. For more information go to www.TheMAForum.org
About Marlin & Associates
Founded in 2002, Marlin & Associates New York LLC is a boutique investment banking and strategic consulting firm focused on providing highly strategic, transaction–related services to U.S. and international middle–market firms engaged in technology, information, on–line media and business–services. The firm is based in New York City with a Washington, DC office and has been the recipient of numerous awards. For more information go to www.MarlinLLC.com Marlin & Associates’ professionals have advised on over 200 successfully completed transactions in the technology and information services sector. Recent Marlin & Associates transactions include:
- Infodyne Corporation of Park Ridge, Illinois, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE: IBM).
- LowerFees, Inc. of Westlake Village, California, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Bankrate, Inc. (NASDAQ: RATE).
- Netik LLC of London, England and New York, which Marlin & Associates advised on its simultaneous acquisition of Capco Reference Data Services and replacement of its primary investor, The Bank of New York Mellon Corp, with Symphony Technology Group.
- Hemscott of London, England, a division of Ipreo Holdings LLC of New York. Marlin & Associates advised Ipreo and its principal Private Equity backer, Veronis Suhler Stevenson, on the sale of Hemscott to Morningstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: MORN).
- StarMine Corporation of San Francisco, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Reuters (now Thomson Reuters – NYSE: TRI).
- Applied Financial Technology (AFT) of San Francisco, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Fidelity National Information Services (NYSE: FIS).
- Ventyx, Inc., of Atlanta, an affiliate of Vista Equity Partners of San Francisco. Marlin & Associates advised Vista Equity Partners on the acquisition of Global Energy Decisions of Boulder, Colorado through Vista’s portfolio company Ventyx.
- Xcitek LLC’s Market Data Division of New York, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Interactive Data Corporation (NYSE: IDC).
- Hugin ASA of Oslo, Norway, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Euronext NV of Amsterdam (now NYSE Euronext – NYSE: NYX).
- Triple Point Technology of Westport, Connecticut, which Marlin & Associates advised on the sale of a majority interest to ABRY Partners.
- Brainpower N.V. of Lugano, Switzerland, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Bloomberg L.P.
- Cameron Systems (Vic) of Sydney, Australia, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Orc Software of Stockholm, Sweden (STKM: ORC).
- Derivative Solutions, of Chicago, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to FactSet Research Systems (NYSE: FDS).
- Beauchamp Financial Technology Ltd. of London, England, which Marlin and Associates advised on its sale to Linedata Services of Paris, France (PARIS: LIN).
- Global Securities Information, Inc. of Washington, D.C. which Marlin and Associates advised on its sale to the Thomson Corporation (now Thomson Reuters – NYSE: TRI).
(212) 257–6300 | Contact@MarlinLLC.com | www.MarlinLLC.com