Marlin & Associates Expands Team - Adds Former PNC Banker
NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - Apr 8, 2015) - Marlin & Associates, the New York-headquartered international investment banking advisory and consulting firm, announced today that Jennifer Steffney has joined the firm.
"We are pleased to add Jennifer Steffney to our New York office. She is a seasoned banker with extensive capital markets transaction and capital raise experience. Our clients will benefit from her expertise," said Ken Marlin, founder and managing partner of Marlin & Associates. "She has the sort of broad base of relevant capital markets and industry experience that our clients expect and she will be a great addition to our team of seasoned bankers as we continue to grow."
Ms. Steffney spent three years at PNC advising clients on multi-million dollar syndicated credit and loan facilities, mergers and acquisitions, and other transactions before joining Foxcode, Inc. in 2012, an investment and merchant banking firm that advises and invests in middle-market companies. As a senior associate at Foxcode, Ms. Steffney advised on a $210M bond issuance; helped raise capital of preferred equity investments, mezzanine and senior debt; and advised on a number of other transactions.
With seven partners and more than 20 investment banking professionals at offices in New York, San Francisco, Washington, D.C., and Toronto, Marlin & Associates is one of the most active firms advising buyers and sellers of U.S. and international middle-market firms that provide software, data, and related services. Over the past 13 years, the firm has advised on transactions in more than 20 countries and has been the recipient of numerous awards.
About Marlin & Associates
Marlin & Associates is a boutique investment banking and strategic advisory firm based in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, CA, Washington, D.C., and Toronto, Canada. Over the past 13 years, the firm has advised on transactions in more than 20 countries and has been the recipient of numerous awards including "Middle-Market Investment Bank of the Year," "Middle-Market Financing Agent of the Year - Equity" and, "TMT Advisory Bank of the Year." Two transactions on which Marlin & Associates advised have been recognized as "Deals-of-the Decade." Marlin & Associates' team of professionals has advised on over 200 information-technology transactions. Marlin & Associates' founder has twice been named by Institutional Investor as one of the 50 most influential people in technology.
Marlin & Associates Securities LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marlin & Associates Holding LLC, is a broker-dealer registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission and is a FINRA/SIPC member firm (www.finra.org). Investment banking and/or securities are offered through Marlin & Associates Securities LLC. For more information please visit www.MarlinLLC.com.
Some recent clients that Marlin & Associates has advised include:
- Francisco Partners of San Francisco, CA which Marlin & Associates advised on its participation in a $60 million investment in Betterment;
- AIM Software of Vienna, Austria which Marlin & Associates advised on its majority investment from Welsh Carson Anderson and Stowe ("WCAS");
- Infonetics of Campbell, CA which Marlin & Associates advised in its sale to IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS);
- Alacra, Inc. of New York, NY which Marlin & Associates advised on its strategic alliance with NICE Actimize, a NICE Systems (NASDAQ: NICE) business;
- Wisers Information Limited of Hong Kong, China which Marlin & Associates advised on its capital raise from SAIF Partners;
- Tagetik Software srl of Lucca, Italy which Marlin & Associates advised on its $36M capital raise from White Bridge Investments S.p.A.;
- RevSpring Inc. of Wixom, MI which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of Talksoft Corporation;
- Current Analysis of Washington, D.C. which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Progressive Digital Media plc (AIM: PRO);
- Blackstone (NYSE: BX) and the Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS) Merchant Banking Division (together, the "Sponsors") which Marlin & Associates advised on their acquisition of Ipreo Holdings LLC ("Ipreo") from affiliates of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. ("KKR") (NYSE: KKR);
- ByAllAccounts, Inc. of Woburn, MA which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Morningstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: MORN); MarketAxess Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: MKTX) of New York, NY which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale of Greenline Financial Technologies to CameronTec; and
- Bain Capital Ventures' portfolio company ABILITY Network Inc. of Minneapolis, MN which Marlin & Associates advised on its merger with IVANS.