Marlin & Associates Partner, Jonathan Kaufman, Named One of 40 Under 40 Dealmakers
NEW YORK, NY, May 20, 2015 (Marketwired via COMTEX) -- Marlin & Associates, the New York-headquartered international investment banking advisory and consulting firm, announced today that Jonathan Kaufman, who leads the firm's West Coast office in San Francisco, has been recognized as a 40 Under 40 Emerging Leaders Award winner in the Dealmaker category by the M&A Advisor. The 40 Under 40 Award recipients are chosen by an independent panel of industry experts to recognize industry in m&a, financing, and restructuring who have reached a significant level of success in the industry before the age of 40. The award recipients are chosen on the basis of creativity, resourcefulness, persistence, business savvy, and value-added.
"It is an honor to be among a group of such talented professionals," said Kaufman. "At Marlin & Associates we all strive to provide exceptional, unbiased advisory services, and we have an unrelenting commitment to our client's success."
During the course of his career, Kaufman has advised on transactions involving public and private companies in the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. He has helped his clients successfully conclude a wide range of strategic and financial transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, capital raisings, leveraged buyouts, and recapitalizations.
"Kaufman is an invaluable member of the Marlin & Associates team," said Ken Marlin, Managing Partner and founder. "He has a great deal of transaction experience as well as sector-specific knowledge and continues, along with the entire Marlin team, to provide outstanding results for our clients. This recognition by his peers is well deserved."
Marlin & Associates is one of the most active firms advising buyers and sellers of U.S. and international middle-market firms that provide software, data, and related services. With offices in New York, San Francisco, Washington D.C. and Toronto, the firm has been the recipient of numerous awards and has advised on more than 200 transactions.
About Marlin & Associates
Marlin & Associates is a boutique investment banking and strategic advisory firm based in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, CA, Washington, D.C., and Toronto, Canada. Over the past 13 years, the firm has advised on transactions in more than 20 countries and has been the recipient of numerous awards including "Middle-Market Investment Bank of the Year," "Middle-Market Financing Agent of the Year - Equity" and, "TMT Advisory Bank of the Year." Two transactions on which Marlin & Associates advised have been recognized as "Deals-of-the Decade." Marlin & Associates' team of professionals has advised on over 200 information-technology transactions. Marlin & Associates' founder has twice been named by Institutional Investor as one of the 50 most influential people in technology. For more information please visit www.MarlinLLC.com.
Marlin & Associates Securities LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marlin & Associates Holding LLC, is a broker-dealer registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission and is a FINRA/SIPC member firm (www.finra.org). Investment banking and/or securities are offered through Marlin & Associates Securities LLC.
Some recent clients that Marlin & Associates has advised include:
- Francisco Partners of San Francisco, CA which Marlin & Associates advised on its participation in a $60 million investment in Betterment;
- AIM Software of Vienna, Austria which Marlin & Associates advised on its majority investment from Welsh Carson Anderson and Stowe ("WCAS");
- Infonetics of Campbell, CA which Marlin & Associates advised in its sale to IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS);
- Alacra, Inc. of New York, NY which Marlin & Associates advised on its strategic alliance with NICE Actimize, a NICE Systems (NASDAQ: NICE) business;
- Wisers Information Limited of Hong Kong, China which Marlin & Associates advised on its capital raise from SAIF Partners;
- Tagetik Software srl of Lucca, Italy which Marlin & Associates advised on its $36M capital raise from White Bridge Investments S.p.A.;
- RevSpring Inc. of Wixom, MI which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of Talksoft Corporation;
- Current Analysis of Washington, D.C. which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Progressive Digital Media plc (AIM: PRO);
- Blackstone (NYSE: BX) and the Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS) Merchant Banking Division (together, the "Sponsors") which Marlin & Associates advised on their acquisition of Ipreo Holdings LLC ("Ipreo") from affiliates of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. ("KKR") (NYSE: KKR);
- ByAllAccounts, Inc. of Woburn, MA which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Morningstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: MORN); MarketAxess Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: MKTX) of New York, NY which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale of Greenline Financial Technologies to CameronTec; and
- Bain Capital Ventures' portfolio company ABILITY Network Inc. of Minneapolis, MN which Marlin & Associates advised on its merger with IVANS.