Marlin & Associates' Client, Information Mosaic Limited, Has Agreed to Be Acquired by Markit Group Limited
Marlin & Associates, the boutique investment banking and strategic advisory firm, announced today that its client, Information Mosaic Limited (“Information Mosaic”), has agreed to be acquired by Markit (Nasdaq: MRKT), the London-based global diversified provider of financial information services and related technology. The transaction is expected to close in the third quarter of 2015, subject to customary conditions.
Information Mosaic, based primarily in Dublin and New Delhi, with additional offices in London, New York, Singapore, and Kuala Lampur, is a market leader in global post-trade securities processing solutions, delivering comprehensive automation and risk management to large and complex financial institutions.
“The Marlin & Associates team went above and beyond our expectations in helping us to initiate and manage this transaction,” said Ulrich Kunz Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of Information Mosaic. “From the very beginning they provided us with sound financial and strategic advice. Their knowledge of the industry and transaction expertise was vital to our entire process. They helped us be fully prepared and they stuck with us throughout the process.”
Ken Marlin, Marlin & Associates managing partner, said “We are pleased to have been the exclusive financial and strategic advisor to Information Mosaic and to have helped them find the perfect partner. We have advised buyers and sellers on more than two dozen transactions in the capital markets technology arena. It is an arena in which we believe we add significant value for our clients. We enjoy helping them develop, evaluate and attain their long-term strategic and financial objectives.”
Marlin & Associates is one of the most active firms advising buyers and sellers of U.S. and international middle-market firms that provide software, data, and related services. With offices in New York, San Francisco, Washington, D.C., and Toronto, the firm has been the recipient of numerous awards and has advised on more than 200 transactions.
Markit’s press release can be read here.
About Marlin & Associates
Marlin & Associates is a boutique investment banking and strategic advisory firm based in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, CA, Washington, D.C., and Toronto, Canada. Over the past 13 years, the firm has advised on transactions in more than 20 countries and has been the recipient of numerous awards including "Middle-Market Investment Bank of the Year," "Middle-Market Financing Agent of the Year - Equity" and "TMT Advisory Bank of the Year." Two transactions on which Marlin & Associates advised have been recognized as "Deals-of-the Decade." Marlin & Associates' team of professionals has advised on over 200 information-technology transactions. Marlin & Associates' founder has twice been named by Institutional Investor as one of the 50 most influential people in technology.
Marlin & Associates Securities LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marlin & Associates Holding LLC, is a broker-dealer registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission and is a FINRA/SIPC member firm (www.finra.org). Investment banking and/or securities are offered through Marlin & Associates Securities LLC.
Some recent clients that Marlin & Associates has advised include:
- Francisco Partners of San Francisco, CA which Marlin & Associates advised on its investment in Betterment LLC;
- AIM Software of Vienna, Austria which Marlin & Associates advised on its majority investment from Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe;
- Infonetics Research, Inc. of Campbell, CA which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to IHS Inc.;
- Alacra, Inc. of New York, NY which Marlin & Associates advised on its strategic alliance with NICE Actimize, a NICE Systems (NASDAQ: NICE) business;
- Wisers Information Limited of Hong Kong, China which Marlin & Associates advised on its capital raise from SAIF Partners;
- Tagetik Software srl of Lucca, Italy which Marlin & Associates advised on its $36M capital raise from White Bridge Investments S.p.A.;
- RevSpring Inc. of Wixom, MI which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of Talksoft Corporation;
- Current Analysis Inc. of Washington, D.C. which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Progressive Digital Media plc (AIM: PRO);
- Blackstone (NYSE: BX) and the Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS) Merchant Banking Division (together, the "Sponsors") which Marlin & Associates advised on their acquisition of Ipreo Holdings LLC ("Ipreo") from affiliates of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. ("KKR") (NYSE: KKR);
- ByAllAccounts, Inc. of Woburn, MA which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Morningstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: MORN);
- SpryWare LLC of Chicago, IL which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Pico Quantitative Trading Holdings LLC;
- MarketAxess Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: MKTX) of New York, NY which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale of Greenline Financial Technologies to CameronTec; and
- Bain Capital Ventures' portfolio company ABILITY Network Inc. of Minneapolis, MN which Marlin & Associates advised on its merger with IVANS.